3.10.2015


Tis the season for the Magpie to fly the coop and visit the family.  I realize it's been almost a year and a half since I've seen my dad (Mom visited last year), since I wasn't able to get back to Da Islands last year. Thanks to some hoarded frequent flyer miles and a need to use-it-or-lose-it, I'm happily heading out for a couple of weeks to spend some quality lazy time with the family. Even though I'm not from Hawaii, it's always been where my heart lives, and thankfully, where family resides, so I always have someone to embrace with Aloha when I visit. That being said, I'll leave you with some of my favorite little Hawaii doodles made a while back; everyone thinks palm trees and sandy beaches, but I think of comfort food and love when I hear Hawaii mentioned. Aloha oi, will be back soon! 

Jaunty Fine Print: Illustration by Denise Sakaki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci buttercups! Your comments are appreciated! (hit the 'post comment' button twice, sometimes it's buggy)