10.07.2014


It's been an amazing summer, Pacific Northwest, I have to hand it to you -- and I don't mind that you haven't been in a hurry to depart. It's nice to enjoy the in-between of Summer and Fall -- which I'd just like to name Summerfall. You're not quite ready to pull out the winter coats, you can still wear summery flats, and you're walking around in a flutter of rapidly-changing leaves.

I took these photos from late August through September.  It was an interesting contrast to see summer prints and espadrilles against the background of autumn leaves on the pavement. But you couldn't deny the beauty of a warm sunset as you walk through the city, even on the rapidly declining days. I do enjoy the seasons in this part of the country -- they're inspiring and a reminder to embrace change.  

Jaunty Fine Print: Photos by Denise Sakaki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci buttercups! Your comments are appreciated! (hit the 'post comment' button twice, sometimes it's buggy)