7.17.2012


The old saying is true: we always put ourselves last on the list. It only took oh... a couple of of years for me to finally update my design portfolio. I know there's a lot of you nodding your head out there, the Birdy isn't the only one who put her marketing on the backburners. It's life. It happens.

But I'm very glad to say I've updated my portfolio!! OMG!! It's now a graphic design, illustration, photography and writing portfolio. Whew. I had a hard time figuring out how to put it all together, so many different projects and styles, but I decided, oh the heck with it, let's just show it all and let Wordpress figure it out. It was a nice crash-course in using a Wordpress blog template to act as an art portfolio. It's not perfect, and I admit this is more of a short-term fix until I can make a more customized site layout, but given my track record, wait a few years, then see what happens. But this is a nice way to present work and update it easily and quickly without having to fuss with much code. 

So there you have it, the latest and greatest of what the ol' Magpie has been up to during her freewheelin' freelancing day job, on denisesakaki.com. Unfortunately the template's slideshow only shows the first few posts/projects, but feel free to explore in there and see what else is there. And yes, I am, indeed a graphic design/illustration/photographer/writer gun for hire, as I like to say. Yeehaw.

Jaunty Fine Print: design, illustration and photography by Denise Sakaki

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Congrats! I'm still finishing my portfolio and book-in-progress page, but it's nice to see collated progress, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it's a relief to have this to-do off my list for now. I will say the benefit of making a portfolio site like a blog, it's easy to add new items!

      Delete

Merci buttercups! Your comments are appreciated! (hit the 'post comment' button twice, sometimes it's buggy)