11.23.2010


This Bird saw this simple look on actress Piper Perabo from a recent issue of InStyle Magazine and immediately thought, that is sparkle-comfort! I also thought, what a keen way to repurpose an old chunky sweater that had pretty much been relegated to comfy at-home wear or something I threw on when I wanted to curl up on the couch and do nothing.

The sweater was literally under $10, something I bought years ago in some clearance section of a tween clothing store, thinking it would never see the light of day beyond a very casual-shlumpy Friday. But trends change, belts come back into style, and the next thing I know I'm wearing it over a sequin-collar dress for a date night with Mr. Magpie. It was a nice reminder that even the simplest (or schlumpiest) of pieces from the Jaunty Wardrobe can be repurposed if paired with the proper pieces. And yes, I'm fairly certain I didn't look like a homeless bag lady at date night.   


Jaunty Fine Print:  wardrobe photos by Denise Sakaki, photo of Piper Perabo from InStyle magazine

Bookmark and Share 

1 comment:

Merci buttercups! Your comments are appreciated! (hit the 'post comment' button twice, sometimes it's buggy)