7.29.2009



This little birdie was wilting from the heat this weekend! I sought shelter in a retail haven, visiting an outlet mall with some fellow birds. It's no secret that I have a deep abiding love for J. Crew, and I have an outright passion for their outlet stores, which always have bargain gems, ripe for the picking.

I was keen on finding some of their soft t-shirts with the lovely vintage prints. They have such character and are easy year-round staples that can go from hot to cold weather while still looking smart. The printed tissue tees shown below the main photo are some of the newer ones, but I was looking for the foil-printed styles I'd seen a while back in the stores. Being true to my Magpie self, I found a couple of sparkling eye-catchers at the outlet store. The bee pollen-yellow tee with the silver foil was particularly endearing, since it's a little ad for an art supply store. The cream-colored tee with the motorcycle print and clear sequins were just the right notes of fun and light-heartedness that J. Crew always manages to exemplify in their pieces. Plus, I know if I lose one of those clear sequins, it won't be obviously missed!

Thanks to J. Crew Aficionada for keeping us Crew-fans up to date on the latest news and seasonal releases!
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. Where did you find the sequin one with the bike/motorcyle on it? It's the one on the right in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it at an outlet mall north of Seattle, so unfortunately I don't think all outlet stores will have the same item. But if you have a J.Crew outlet store close by, call and ask if they have the tees there; I'm sure they would know from the basic description if they have it available. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip! I went over there this weekend and picked up the navy crab and white postcard t-shirts. I wished I had bought the fireball necklace, since it was only $19 at the outlet and $55 at the retail store! DOH.

    ReplyDelete

Merci buttercups! Your comments are appreciated! (hit the 'post comment' button twice, sometimes it's buggy)