11.17.2009


So, color me obsessed, I know -- if there's any nationally-known store I'd spend my paycheck on, Anthropologie would be it. Well, either that or Target. But the way Anthropologie presents itself, you'd think they all lived in some magical, imaginary land, full of inspiration and ideas, and everyone knows how to crochet lace and mix a perfect gimlet. So what if in reality, it's a total cubicle hell like the rest of retail corporate America -- I can live in my dream, can't I?

Where I'd really like to live is Anthro's latest catalog. I'm such a print hound -- I'll save catalogs from favorite stores and keep them for years, and this 09 November one is a keeper. Dr. Zhivago dreamlike salons filled with snow, hand-cut paper silhouettes made from book pages, overcast misty country hills whisked from a Bronte novel... who wouldn't keep this to moon over? If you want to take a look at it online, do give it a peek here.

Wanting another dose of inspiration? Their microsite, The Anthropologist, features several artists of written word and image, creating visual, intellectual mood boards that features objects of inspiration. Director Jane Campion is personal favorite, and her collection is comprised of things that made her go "hmm" while she was making the film, Bright Star, chronicling the affair between poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne. As our fickle autumn days ebb into the lull of winter's dearth, it's all the more important to keep the candle of inspiration alight.

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous inspiration; that poinsettia dress is seriously one of the prettiest things I've seen in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to the Anthro catalog. What a way to escape the pile of bills that fill the mailbox 90% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would spend my whole paycheck at Anthro too :) Love their vintage inspired designs and their latest snowflake campaign is just lovely. I was at the Blog Meet Blog event at BoConcept and didn't meet you, hopefully next time!

    ReplyDelete

Merci buttercups! Your comments are appreciated! (hit the 'post comment' button twice, sometimes it's buggy)