7.22.2010


Finally, the summer has arrived, after months of unusually chilly, wet weather, and now this Bird is in seasonal culture shock. I'll always have much love for Jaunty layering, but it's just not practical when the sun decides to peek out and warm up our days and nights. I found myself Inspired yet again, by our favorite lady of summer, Miss Carrie-B. I know the movie's come and gone, but I still find myself going back to that lovely and simple Halston white dress from the opening. So summery and perfect! Sadly, I have no Jaunty Halston summer dress, but I had a simple jersey knit dress and chose a few sparing accessories to make it sparkle. It's definitely been a change of pace to select items in the Jaunty Wardrobe with a much lighter hand, so I'm taking all the Inspiration I can get!

Selected from the Jaunty Wardrobe is a summery blue jersey knit dress from Macys, vintage gold lattice and shell earrings (converted to clips, as this Bird doesn't have pierced ears!), vintage jade ring, aviators from Banana Republic, faux snakeskin clutch (a gift), and gold peep-toe pumps from Steve Madden.


Jaunty Fine Print: image from Sex and the City 2

Bookmark and Share 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci buttercups! Your comments are appreciated! (hit the 'post comment' button twice, sometimes it's buggy)